Thank Book Olympus for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Goodness I’m such a newbie that it took me ages to figure out how to link a blog to my page! Happy I finally got it! Yay!
1. Link & Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3. Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4. Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!
Ok, questions presented to me (pretty excited about them):
1. Favourite childhood book?
Hands-down all books by Enid Blyton! But if I really have to choose…hmm… The Mystery Series by Enid Blyton. I love all the books in this series so much! But if I really really have to choose, I guess it’ll be ‘The Mystery of the Banshee Towers’, because it’s so funny, with Fatty’s usual intelligence and Goon’s typical comical blunders.
2. Which Hogwarts house would you be in?
Gryffindor! All the people I love are from Gryffindor, well, except Cedric Diggory… He’s such a cutie:)
3. Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
Don’t really watch too many book-to-movie adaptations, so I’ll stay with the Harry Potter series. It gives me great memories of Harry Potter marathons during exam times in Uni…when my housemates and I would study throughout the whole day to reward ourselves with a dose of Harry Potter at night.
4. What is your favourite quote?
I do have a lot, but I guess “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude” is a really good one. Yes, I stole it off the internet, but it’s a good one to remind myself of everyday!
5. Favourite stand-alone book?
Hmmm..there’s many too, but one of them will be The Da Vinci Code. I guess it’s a stand-alone as it’s a story without being really connected to other books by Dan Brown.
6. Would you rather live in the real world or live in a fictional world?
Fictional world definitely! OMG what wouldn’t I have to have Alec from ‘The Bride’ by Julie Garwood crazy in love with me:P
7. Which book smells the best?
I have no idea!:)
8. Favourite cover?
I’m not really too attracted by book covers, I’m more intrigued by the designs of the book itself. The cover picture doesn’t usually seem realistic to me.
9. How do you balance your time between blogging and work/school?
I’m still new at blogging…very very new! It took me a few hours just to figure out eg. how to create a new category!:) So I’m quite out of balance at the moment, and I’ve missed like a month of yoga already since I started blogging (which gives me an excuse to dive into a new book every minute I’m free), but I think I’ll eventually get the hang of the balance sooner or later.
10. Which book is overhyped?
Fifty Shades of Grey.
11. Which book needs more attention?
I realise the books which I’m crazy in love with are usually very popular with readers already, so they already have enough attention (I think, but it never hurts to get more people crazy about them!). I’ve accidentally stumbled across ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ by Mitch Albom, and I think everyone should read it if they like these kind of inspirational books.It made me cry, touched me and gave me a new and positive perspective on life. Good for many of us, when we feel bogged down by life’s challenges sometimes.
Tag eleven other bloggers with 200 followers or less:
P.S I would like to apologise if you’ve been tagged by me and you have more than 200 followers. I tried exploring but sometimes the number of followers in some blogs are not indicated, but hopefully I can use this opportunity to know more book-lovers out there:P )
1. Another Look Book Reviews
2. Romance Novels for The Beach
3. The Blogging Book
4. Book Binge
5. Books, According 2 Nicole
6. Dirty Geeky Sexy Reviews
7. Good Books, Good Coffee, Good Life
8. My House of Books
9. African American Mystery/Authors Opinions On
10. Portable Pieces of Thoughts
11. Books Are Life- Vita Libri
Questions I present:
1. What’s your favourite genre of books?
2. Have you ever related any main character in the books you read to people you know in real-life?
3. Will you be interested in writing a book if you have a chance? If so, what genre?
4. A must-read.
5. A book you can read over and over again.
6. Other hobbies you have.
7. In a perfect world, what will your life be like?
8. Which book inspired you the most?
9. How do you get to know more fellow-book bloggers?
10. Which website can we get the books which cost the least (I know I sound stingy! But I’m really on a budget and there’s so many I really would like to get my hands on!)
11. The best author other readers shouldn’t miss out on.